This page contains a Java calculator that simulates byte multiplication
and division on the Intel 8086. It will take a few seconds to load into
- How To Use the Calculator:
- Select Unsigned or Signed operations by clicking on the
buttons in the red box.
- Enter hex numbers in two operand text fields.
- Click on the adjacent button labeled "=".
- The decimal equivalent of the operands and the result display in the
three black windows below the textfields.
- If the carryflag is set to 1 as a result of a multiplication, a
message will display in the window next to the red box.
- If a divide overflow occurs as a result of a division, a message will
display in the window next to the red box.
- Instructions for solving a sample signed division
problem are posted at this link